The other day, I hooked up a printer to USB that had the option for network. The client wanted it USB rather than network. So I hooked it up and before I left, I got the following text printed out a couple times:
GET /DevMgmt/DiscoveryTree.xml HTTP/1.1
I figured it was just a one time thing so I left. A couple hours later, I got a call from her saying that she got the same message every time she printed a page. I went and looked at it and found this to be a fix:
Go to devices and Printers and right click the culprit printer. Click printing preferences and click the advanced tab, you should see a similar window:
Disable “Printer Status Notification” and the issue should be instantly resolved!